Teaching with Moodle
Many courses offering online and remote instruction will be taught through York's Learning Management System, Moodle. We have prepared a list of resources to assist you with getting started with Moodle, including step-by-step guides for creating groups, gradebooks, discussion boards, and quizzes. For more assistance with building a Moodle course, please click here. Tutorial videos for each of the Moodle resources below can be found here.
Getting started with Moodle
Setting up your course
- Setting up your course layout
- Make your course visible to students: Please remember to make your course visible to students by the start of classes. The default is to hide your course from students.
- Some important course settings
- Setting up groups in your course: For instructors who want to auto-create groups on the basis of tutorial sections, please read the instructions on how to create groups based on primary meets.
- Creating groupings
- Backing up your course
- Sending an announcement to students
- Adding a discussion forum to your course
- Sending direct messages to students on Moodle